Please refer to Class 12 Chemistry Sample Paper with solutions provided below. All sample papers for Class 12 Chemistry have been designed as per the latest paper pattern issued by CBSE for the current academic year. Students should practice these guess papers for Class 12 Chemistry as it will help them to gain more understanding of the type of questions that are expected to be asked in upcoming Class 12 Chemistry exams. Please click on the links below to access free Class 12 Chemistry for Class 12 Chemistry
Class 12 Chemistry Sample Paper Term 1 With Solutions Set A
1. Which of the following statements is wrong ?
(A) Single N–N bond is stronger than the single P–P bond.
(B) PH3 can act as a ligand in the formation of coordination compound with transition elements.
(C) NO2 is paramagnetic in nature.
(D) Covalency of nitrogen in N2O5 is four.
2. Which of the following will have metal deficiency defect?
3. A solution formed by mixing glucose in water is marked as 10% (by Mass). What would be the
molarity of the solution?
(molar mass as glucose = 180g/mol.)
(A) 0.57 mol/L
(B) 0.67 mol/L
(C) 0.067 mol/L
(D) 6.7 mol/L
4. The crystal showing Schottky defects does not satisfy which of the following characteristic :
(A) Equal number of cations and anions vacancies.
(B) More number of cationic vacancies.
(C) Positive and negative ions leaving their lattice sites.
(D) Generally seen in highly ionic compounds.
5. Which of the following species can act as the strongest base ?
6. Williamson synthesis is used to obtain :
(A) Primary alcohol
7. Anisole reacts with a mixture of concentrated sulphuric and nitric acid to yield a mixture of :
(A) ortho-nitro anisole only
(B) ortho and para-nitro anisole
(C) para-nitro anisole only
(D) meta-nitro anisole
8. On heating with concentrated NaOH solution in an inert atmosphere of CO, white phosphorus gives a gas. Which of the following statement is incorrect about the gas ?
(A) It is highly poisonous and has smell like rotten fish.
(B) It’s solution in water decomposes in the presence of light.
(C) It is more basic than NH3.
(D) It is less basic than NH3.
9. When -OH group is attached to carbon atom of an aliphatic system it is __________ group while when attached to aromatic system, it is __________ group.
(A) phenol, alcohol
(B) alcohol, aldehyde
(C) alcohol, phenol
(D) phenol, aldehyde
10. The pink colour of Lithium chloride is due to :
(A) Metal excess defect
(B) Metal deficiency defect
(C) Schottky defect
(D) Frenkel defect
11. Which of the following compounds will undergo racemisation when solution of KOH hydrolyses ?
(A) (i) and (ii)
(B) (ii) and (iv)
(C) (iii) and (iv)
(D) (i) and (iv)
12. Due to Schottky defect :
(A) Density of crystal increases
(B) Density of crystal decreases
(C) The crystals do not conduct electricity
(D) The crystal as a whole is positively charged
13. What is the molecular weight of ethylene glycol(C2H6O2) ?
14. Benzene reacts with n-propyl chloride in the presence of anhydrous AlCl3 to give :
(B) n-propyl benzene
(C) no reaction
(D) isopropyl benzene.
15. What is not right about DNA helix structure :
(A) James Watson and F.Crick gave the structure for DNA.
(B) DNA has double strand helix structure.
(C) Adenine forms hydrogen bond with uracil
(D) Cytosine forms hydrogen bond with guanine.
16. There is large difference in boiling points of alcohols and ethers :
(A) Due to absence of hydrogen bonding in alcohols.
(B) Due to strong hydrogen bonding in ethers.
(C) due to hydrogen bonding in alcohols.
(D) Ether is gas at room temperature.
17. As molecules of ethanoic acid dimerizes in benzene due to hydrogen bonding, its :
(A) Molar mass become four times its normal value.
(B) Molar mass becomes twice of normal value.
(C) Molar mass becomes half of normal value.
(D) Molar mass remains equal.
18. Which of the following are peroxoacids of sulphur ?
(A) H2SO5 and H2S2O5
(B) H2SO5 and H2S2O5
(C) H2S2O5 and H2S2O5
(D) H2S2O5 and H2S2O5
19. Choose the statement which is not true for the solution formed due to addition of methyl alcohol to water :
(A) The vapour pressure of the solution increases.
(B) It shows positive deviation from Raoult’s Law.
(C) There is rise in vapour pressure.
(D) There is increase in boiling point.
20. Which of the following statements are correct ?
(A) S–S bond is present in H2S2O6.
(B) In peroxosulphuric acid (H2SO5) sulphur is in +6 oxidation state.
(C) Iron powder along with Al2O3 and K2O is used as a catalyst in the preparation of NH3 by Haber’s process.
(D) Change in enthalpy is positive for the preparation of SO3 by catalytic oxidation of SO2.
21. Based on the molecular shape proteins can be classified as :
(A) fibrous and globular proteins
(B) insulin and albumin
(C) primary and secondary proteins
(D) monosaccharides and disaccharides
22. Which of the following reactions is an example of redox reaction ?
(A) XeF4 + O2F2 → XeF6 + O2
(B) XeF2 + PF5 → [XeF]+[PF6]–
(C) XeF6 + H2O → XeOF4 + 2HF
(D) XeF6 + 2H2O → XeO2F2 + 2HF
23. n-propyl alcohol and isopropyl alcohol can be chemically distinguished by which reagent :
(C) oxidation with potassium dichromate
24. Which of the following statements are correct ?
(a) Among halogens, radius ratio between iodine and fluorine is maximum.
(b) Leaving F – F bond, all halogens have weaker X – X bond than X – X’ bond in inter-halogens.
(c) Among inter-halogen compounds maximum number of atoms are present in iodine fluoride.
(d) Inter-halogen compounds are more reactive than halogen compounds.
(A) (a) and (b)
(B) (a), (c) and (d)
(C) (b) and (c)
(D) (a), (b) and (c)
25. Which of the following 0.10 M aqueous solution will have the lowest freezing point ?
26. Among the following four compounds :
(i) Phenol (ii) Methyl phenol
(iii) Meta-nitrophenol (iv) Para-nitrophenol
The acidity order is :
(A) (iv) > (iii) > (i) > (ii)
(B) (iii) > (iv) > (i) > (ii)
(C) (i) > (iv) > (iii) > (ii)
(D) (ii) > (i) > (iii) > (iv)
27. When chlorine is passed through propene at 400°C, which of the following is formed ?
(B) Allyl chloride
(C) Propyl chloride
(D) 1, 2-Dichloroethane.
28. H2S is a toxic gas used in qualitative analysis. If solubility of H2S in water at STP is 0.195 m. What is the value of KH ?
(A) 192 bar
(B) 282 bar
(C) 28.43 bar
(D) 0.897 bar
29. Which of the following is not the force responsible for secondary and tertiary structure of proteins :
(A) peptide linkage
(B) disulphide linkage
(C) Vander waals force
(D) electrostatic force
30. Iodoform test is not given by :
31. Main source of helium is :
32. Which of the following does not react with oxygen directly ?
33. How many isomers of C5H11OH will be primary alcohols ?
34. The chirality of the compound :
35. Aluminium (III) chloride forms a dimer because Aluminium :
(A) Belongs to 3rd group
(B) Can have higher co-ordination number
(C) Cannot form a trimer
(D) Has high ionization energy.
36. The nitrogenous base not found in RNA :
37. It is because inability of ns2 electrons of the valence shell to participate in bonding that :
(A) Sn2+ is reducing while pb4+ is oxidizing
(B) Sn2+ is oxidizing while Pb4+ is reducing
(C) Sn2+ and Pb2+ are both oxidizing and reducing
(D) Sn4+ is reducing while Pb4+ is oxidizing
38. AgCl shows Frenkel defect while NaCl does not because :
(A) There is large difference in their cations and anions.
(B) Size of Ag+ ion is smaller.
(C) Ag+ ion can easily fit into interstitial site.
(D) All of the above.
39. The substance used as a smoke screen in warfare is
40. HOCH2.CH2OH on heating with per-iodic acid gives :
41. Which of the following will not be soluble in sodium hydrogen carbonate ?
(A) 2, 4, 6-Trinitorphenol
(B) Benzoic acid
(D) Benzene sulphonic acid
42. Which of the following oxide is amphoteric ?
43. Reaction of phenol with chloroform in presence of dilute sodium hydroxide finally introduces which one of the following functional group ?
44. When m-xylene reacts with bromine in presence of FeBr3, the product obtained is :
From Q.45 to Q.49, Given below are two statements labelled as Assertion (A) and Reason (R) and at the end of each question give the following line select the most appropriate answers from the options given below :
(A) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A.
(B) Both A and R are true but R is NOT the correct explanation of A.
(C) A is true but R is false.
(D) A is false and R is true.
45. Assertion (A) : N2 is less reactive than P4.
Reason (R) : Nitrogen has more electron gain enthalpy than phosphorus.
46. Assertion : Alkylbenzene is not prepared by Friedel-Crafts alkylation of benzene.
Reason : The monoalkyl product formed will undergo alkylation to produce poly substituted product.
47. Assertion : When SO2 reacts with H2S in the presence of catalyst Fe2O3, sulphur is formed.
Reason : SO2 is a reducing agent.
48. Assertion : Addition of aqueous solution of potassium iodide increases the solubility of iodine.
Reason : This is due to the formation of KI3.
49. Assertion (A) : Molality is a better method to express concentration than molarity.
Reason (R) : Molality is defined in terms of mass of solvent and not mass of solution.
50. Chemically, considering digestion is basically :
51. In which of the following compounds, nitrogen exhibits highest oxidation state ?
52. Which of the following reactions is an example of nucleophilic substitution reaction ?
(A) 2RX + 2Na → R—R + 2NaX
(B) RX + H2 → RH + HX
(C) RX + Mg → RMgX
(D) RX + KOH → ROH + KX
CASE 1 : Read the passage given below and answer the following questions 53-55
All real structures are three dimensional structures. They can be obtained by stacking two dimensional layers one above the other while placing the second square close packed layer above the first. We follow the same rule that was followed when one row was placed adjacent to the other. The second layer is placed over the first layer such that the spheres of the upper layer are exactly above there of the first layer. In this arrangement spheres of both the layers are perfectly aligned horizontally as well as vertically. A metallic element crystallise into a lattice having a ABC pattern and packing of spheres leaves out voids in the lattice.
53. What type of structure is formed by this arrangement ?
(D) none of the above
54. Name the non-stoichiometric point defect responsible for colour in alkali metal halides.
(A) Frenkel defect
(B) Interstitial defect
(C) Schottky defect
55. Which of the following statements not true for the amorphous and crystalline solids ?
(A) Amorphous solids are isotropic and crystalline solids are anisotropic.
(B) Amorphous solids are short range order and crystalline solids are long range order.
(C) Amorphous solids melt at characteristic temperature while crystalline solids melt over a range of temperature.
(D) Amorphous solids have irregular shape and crystalline solids have a geometrical shape.